Sunday, January 20, 2008

Illustration Friday - Plain

I thought that this fit the weeks theme because it is rather plain, not a lot of detail. I have to admit that I've always been a sucker for the thick, black outline. I came up with the idea when looking at Jenns blog at
http://noodleandlou.blogspot.com/,
she has such interesting paintings and is even doing clay dolls now. On one post, she gave a little step by step demo on how her paintings form. I thought I would try it myself and this is what I came up with. Thanks for sharing Jenn!
Have a good week and thanks for looking.

Oh, I almost forgot, the quality of the snapshot wasnt very good, but I'm learning. Any hints Jen?

1 comment:

noodle and lou said...

Oh my gosh...so wonderful!!! I just saw your message pop up over on my blog and I was so thrilled...Thank you:) I LOVE it Coco! Love the rich colors and I can see your fabulous texture. It's really fabulous! You should see me when I take my photos. It is so hysterical. I hold it in my hand and walk around my living room with the painting at arms length...taking all sorts of different shots. I figure if I take 20 pics. , 1 will come out! There must be a better way!! 1good tip I have is that if you use your zoom it keeps the sides "straighter" ...where as if you just get as close as you can...the sides start to curve. Maybe that's really obvious and not a good tip at all! haha:) Keep up the beautiful work...I really love it!! xoxo-jenn